Are you an owner-occupant homeowner facing tax foreclosure in the city of St. Louis? If so, RETAF is here to help you. If you think you may be eligible for assistance, please apply here. RETAF will begin processing your application for assistance thirty days before your home’s scheduled tax sale date.
- Applicant must be a City of St. Louis homeowner imminently facing tax foreclosure (i.e., a foreclosure judgment has been entered for the property);
- Home receiving funds must be applicant’s sole residence;
- Applicant must not have outstanding mortgage debt against the property OR must be current on their mortgage and not escrow their real estate taxes;
- A foreclosure sale of applicant’s property must be scheduled for this year; and
- Applicant’s household income must not exceed 100% of Area Median Income (AMI) for St. Louis.
|Maximum Income (100% AMI)||$59,500||$68,000||$76,500||$84,900||$91,700||$98,500||$105,300||$112,100|
required documents to Submit:
- Photo ID – must be able to see the Full ID and Picture; preferably in color
- Proof of Residency – i.e. Current utility bill, Home insurance, Current Phone bill, or Current bank statement; this document must state your Name, Address, and be dated no later than 60 days prior
- Proof of Income (for all 18 years and older) – i.e. 2 months worth of paystubs, SSI/SSDI 2022 Award Letter, Pension Letter, or 1040 tax returns for 2020/2019; this document must state your Name, Address, and Amount Received; If there is no income, contact our office to complete a financial affidavit
- COVID Impact Statement – this should be a short, typed statement describing how Covid has financially impacted your household.
- Optional – Copy of Mortgage Statement (only applies if you have a mortgage on your home)